Mergon’s Barrier system allows for pedestrian walkways to be easily organised, monitored and controlled. As a one piece design, the barriers are easily connected and have stacking features which ensures they can be transported from location to location. The Mergon Barrier system was tested under strict conditions to determine it’s wind speed resilience.
- Certified to highest quality standards : ISO 9000, ISO 14001 and ISO 13485.
- Can accommodate 2 types of courtesy sign.
- Manufactured from virgin high density polythene.
- All Mergon folding barriers come with anti trip feet as standard.
Wind Resistance Testing:
Below are the results and guides as to the recommended ballast weight for each different wind class:
- Class C with no ballast required.
- Class B with 40Kg ballast required.
- Class A with 80Kg ballast required.
All temporary traffic barriers must be able to withstand three different classes of wind speeds with the use of ballast. The standard BS 8442:2006 states the three classes. As the following:
- Class A 26.3 m/s (58mph).
- Class B 17.6 m/s (39mph).
- Class C 8.7 m/s (19mph) - The Beaufort scale describes Class C as: “Gentle breeze. Leaves and twigs in constant motion. Wind extends a light flag”.