- Composite Aluminium Substrate:
- Dibond® Traffic is an aluminium composite sheet produced by 3A, which has a 0.3mm aluminium skin, and a UV resistant polyethylene core.
- The nature of Dibond® Traffic makes it ideal for achieving distortion free road signs. And the stove enamelled finish will ensure excellent adhesion.
- 3A have also issued a 12 year warranty against product failure.
- It has been tested by Bollhoff to use with their riveting system and can be processed using a variety of techniques, including shearing, sawing, punching and folding. Dibond® Traffic is fully recyclable and is compliant with ISO 9001, ensuring continuous high quality, due to the extended inspection program 3A enforce. Dibond® Traffic is the only ACM that has been tested and approved by the BSI to EN 12899 and satisfies the clauses relating to impact and corrosion resistance
- 3mm Aluminium Substrate:
- 3 mm (11 gauge) aluminium alloy in full compliance with BS EN 12899-1:2007 (standard for permanent traffic signs)
Modern traffic signs are faced with a long-lasting plastic material that is usually retroreflective. Retro-reflectivity is achieved either by incorporating glass beads into the material, or by moulding tiny prisms into the plastic, and are therefore known as glass bead or micro-prismatic.
Class RA1 refers to the lowest grade of retroreflective material, sometimes known as Engineer Grade. Classes RA2 and RA3 refer to tables NA.1A and NA.1B in the UK Annex and relate to products that have a European Technical Approval (ETA) to one of these classes.